The diet that invented and perfected the dietitian from France, Pierre Dukan, one of the most popular in the world. And it's totally deserved, because it was developed more than thirty years. It all started with the fact that in 1975, Pierre Dukan was a patient with severe obesity, which he wanted to help not only lose weight, but also to consolidate the result of weight loss for life. Thus, his diet was developed and changed over many years, and in early 2000, the whole world has seen his book called "I can't lose weight", which collected all the achievements for many years. All about the Dukan diet in detail you can learn from this article.
Description and stages of the diet Pierre Ducane
The diet includes four stages, which have each its own name: "Attack", "Alternation", "Attaching", "Stabilization". The first three stages is "based" diet, and the number of days spent on the diet will need to rely on their own, starting from that how much you want to lose weight (the final result will depend only on the individual characteristics of the organism). The last stage is an example of how you need to eat if you wish not to gain weight.
Each stage of the diet in its own interest. At the first stage you will take only protein foods. The second phase alternates vegetables and protein foods. Throughout the third phase in your menu to add cheese, fruit, and starchy foods. Well, the fourth phase is already correct and healthy food for many years.
It should also study the basic rules of diet that it is strictly forbidden to violate. Failure to follow these points greatly affects the end result.
- To forget the existence of elevators, and doing daily Hiking for at least 30 minutes;
- To drink throughout the day not less than 2 liters of pure and sparkling water;
- Completely abandon alcoholic and soft drinks, sweets, convenience foods and vegetable fats, mayonnaise and similar sauces;
- Excluded from the diet fruit with a high sugar content: grapes, bananas, dates, cherries, figs;
- Salads and other such dishes can only be lemon juice.
These rules need to remember throughout the diet, and try responsibly to treat them.
The first stage of the "Attack"
The first stage of the diet, can be considered the most difficult. You will need to mentally prepare for success and your body to adjust to a new diet. Phase "Attack", motivates and gives confidence, as you will significantly lose weight thanks to protein-rich foods.
In the first stage will need to prepare meals only from protein foods. Vegetable protein should be excluded, as it contains a lot of carbohydrates. A prerequisite of this stage is that you will need to consume 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran every day.
Below is a list of protein foods, of which you will be able to make a menu for the first phase of "Attack". You can eat whenever you want and as you want.
- Eggs. No more than 2 pieces a day. Egg whites can be cooked as you want and in unlimited quantities.
- All lean meats. Veal, beef, chicken, liver beef, lean ham, rabbit meat, beef tongue. Everything except pork and lamb.
- Seafood. The whole lean fish, caviar, crayfish, squid, mussels.
- Low-fat dairy products. Cheese, milk, yogurt, fermented baked milk, yogurt without flavorings and additives.
Of these products make a menu of dishes that will be cooking, and divide them into several meals.
The second phase of "Alternation"
In the second stage, as well as on the ground, the weight of the body, but not so intense. The duration of the second phase should be calculated on the basis of their individual weights, and use the table above.
At the stage of the Alternation you will need to alternate protein days with protein and vegetable, from 5 to 5, or 1 to 1. For example, one day protein, next proteins vegetables. Or five days of protein, the next five with the addition of vegetables.
Menu of the second stage is the same as the first, just want to add vegetables. You can use the following vegetables: green beans, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini (squash read more about diet), eggplant, spinach, asparagus, tomatoes, cabbage, radish, celery and others. Forbidden vegetables, which contain large amounts of starch: potatoes, corn, legumes and others.
Vegetables are best eaten raw, in preparing salads, or boil, simmer and cook for a couple. Also be sure throughout the stage to take two tablespoons of oat bran.
The third phase "Consolidation"
The penultimate stage of the Dukan diet is called "Fixing", and it is intended in order to maintain the result you have achieved. The duration of the third stage is calculated according to the principle, each thrown kilogram of weight during the first two stages is equal to ten days of the third stage. For example, you managed to get rid of 5 pounds of weight, then the duration of the phase "Consolidation" will be 50 days.
At this stage, to your menu, you need to add:
- Fruit. It is allowed, there is one fruit of medium size in one day. Except bananas, grapes, dried fruit, cherries, cherries.
- Cheese. One slice of cheese per day, weighing no more than 40 grams. That is a solid rather than cheese or cream.
- Starchy foods. Once a week you can eat foods containing starch. Pasta with durum, rice, lentils, baked with peel potatoes, beans.
- Once a week – "Celebration of the stomach".This means that once a week, you are allowed to eat anything but one meal (first, second and dessert).
Throughout the third stage, once a week you will need to arrange a protein day (in the book there is a recommendation that is best done on Thursday). Do not forget to take oat bran daily for 2.5 tablespoons.
The fourth stage of "Stabilization"
Passed all three stages, and dropping the number of pounds you planned, you have to feel for yourself the incredible pride. Now that would be the weight, which got rid of with such difficulty, had not returned, will need to follow a few rules of daily nutrition.
- Throughout the fourth stage, one day of the week should be only "protein".
- Every day, eat three tablespoons of oat bran.
- Drink at least two liters of pure still water daily.
- Walk at least twenty minutes a day.
Now you can have all that you love, only you know the measure, and it is best to minimize the amount of fried, fatty and starchy foods.